Christmas Tree Lane participates in affiliate advertising, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you if you purchase via our links. Thank you for your continued support.
Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Bringing Christmas Home Room by Room~Living Rooms

Bringing Christmas Home Room by Room is back for another round.  This time inviting you into our Living Rooms!  I hope you had fun seeing all the Front Porches that were featured yesterday.  If you missed, you can hit the link above and check them out!

Come into my living room!  Our house was built in 2013 by McBride and Sons, a St. Louis home builder.  We live in St. Charles, MO, in an area known as New Town. New Town is a New Urbanist lifestyle, walkable neighborhoods with local restaurants, bars, stores, churches, all within blocks of your home. The houses here are designed with large front porches, close to the sidewalks, to encourage interaction with the walkers and neighbors.

So come on in!


Welcome to the living room!



The barrister cabinet to the left was made by my grandfather.  My grandmother kept her beautiful Nativity set in it all year round.


Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus were painted by my mother in the 1970s.  The cabinet was my mom and dad's first piece of furniture ever purchased.  The mirror adds sparkle to the room!


The Merry Christmas banner was purchased at Target last year.  I love the plaids!  The plaid stockings were also part of Target's collection last year.


The velvet Santa has been a part of my Christmas for most of my life.  My mom has the original one, but when we were married my mom gave me this look alike for my own home!


We designed the built ins after we moved into the house.  We love them!  The small collection of nutcrackers happened over the years.  Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus in the window were made by a dear friend of mine.


We love holiday photos and frames.  You'll see those all over the house.  The little display of christmas houses and Santa in a plaid coat are so much brighter than what they appear here!  I think the light from the lamp really washed out the colors!


We attended this ballet for years while our daughter was growing up.  The nutcracker countdown calendar was one of her favorites, too!


I hope you enjoyed the tour!  I was sure happy you came to visit!  Join us tomorrow and the rest of the week to see all different rooms in the house!


Check out all these fine blogs for tours of their homes throughout the week!  I'll be posting again tomorrow, featuring our dining area!

Would you like to comment?

  1. Beautiful Terri! Both your home and the decor. The Christmas colors look so pretty against the white. Love that you have nostalgic things from your parents. I have some from my Mom too. :)

    ps/having a little giveaway, come sign up.

    ReplyDelete

Receiving comments are like getting a candy cane on your present! Special!